Monday, August 15, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting Broadband

TWC has been laying lines in our corner of the county the last couple of months and we are chomping at the bit for some broadband internet!

Geographically we're in an intriguing wallow where cell signals are flighty regardless of carrier and most storm systems split to go around. Throw in ever-growing trees whose leafing blocks the signal flow and internetting becomes a real frustration!

There are so many blogposts waiting for broadband that I'm afraid I'm going to forget some of them! And then there's the blogging games a friend has turned me on to through her blog--{this moment}, Six Word Saturday... There's Outdoor Hour and Jr. Master Gardening when we get them rolling again. The Not-Back-to-School bloghop at heartofthematteronline.

Of course, it will also open up Skype for us--bedtime stories with the grandparents, keeping an eye on friends that have moved away, chess games... ;)

I'm excited about the ease of additional research when the kids have a query mid-lesson that is not met by our printed resources. Webcams that tie into our studies. Super-Charged Science. The ability to finally check out khanacademy.

Pretty much just having the internet at our fingertips without having to wait 20-minutes for something (if anything) to load. I feel like I won the lottery I never play, and now I'm just waiting for them to cut the check. *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa