Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

If this were Tackle It Monday I could have claimed an epic tackle for my household. But it's not, so I can't (besides, it wasn't housework related).

If it were Tackle It Sunday I could claim my first attempt ever in my lifetime at making chutney. But it's not, so I can't.

Pear Chutney
 
We have a busy day today. We have appointments, lessons, and a Cub Scout Pack to visit. I also have a microwave, five ceiling fans, and house filters to clean. Which one should I tackle this week?

The microwave isn't wretched. But I have not been keeping up with it weekly as intended. It really isn't difficult. Nuke a quantity of vinegar water in my 4c Pyrex measuring glass for 5-minutes. Wipe out with a damp rag. Wipe down the front. Wipe down the stovetop underneath--fallen debris.

The ceiling fans are a pain in the neck. Seriously. If I take the shortcut, I crane my neck to see what I'm doing with the ShopVac hose as I evict the dust bunny colonies on the fan blades. If I do it properly, I'm craning my neck and straining my shoulders as I wipe down each and every blade with a CloroxWipe. It's not the worst it has ever been, but it's bugging me. The living room would be the first, the breakfast nook would be the second. They're the ones I see the most.

I would love to change the house filters once a month. But they say to change every three months and the ones I prefer to use are not cheap. We've tried the cheap ones--it's an experience that will not be repeated. The goal is to change them the first day of the quarter, but I don't actually remember when they were changed last. We're headed into another round of allergens and we're heading into another sicky season thanks to the time of year and the restarting of public schools. Ugh--just thinking about it makes me want to change the filters weekly!

It's not a difficult task. It's merely removing the cover, removing the old filters, ShopVac'ing the coil, installing the new filters, ShopVac'ing the cover, closing it up and putting away the ShopVac (that doesn't really have a designated place to belong anymore now that we're using the side door).

So which one am I tackling this week?? I guess I'll have to see how the flow of the day goes. And you'll have to wait for the elusive broadband when I can load the pictures and edit all these emailed blog posts--THAT will be quite the Tackle!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa