Sunday, August 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Monday: Skillet Mac & Beef

Tuesday: White Chili

Wednesday: Sloppy Joes

Thursday: Burritos

Friday: Brauts (w/ pear chutney, maybe)

Saturday: Toad-in-a-hole

Sunday: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken


Last week didn't end up going quite as planned. But life is what happens while you're making plans.

We unexpectedly picked pears Tuesday. They were super ripe and needed to be cleared from the trees before Irene blew them off. Ended up taking me three full days to make some pear chutney (from the Ball Blue Book). I've never had chutney and I've never made chutney before. I was told by two dear friends that it's great on sausage and with pork. I was interested because I remember reading or seeing "westernized" chutney as a side dish. Everything I'm finding at this moment expresses it as a condiment--akin to dill relish if you please. Anyway, it took three days because the entirety of the household conspired against me.



Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa