Monday, November 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday-guidelines
I've been struggling with meal planning since determining that I cannot consume any dairy if I want the nurseling to not be screaming in pain every time he blows out the back end of his diaper like it's one of the 16-inch guns on the deck of the USS North Carolina.  I cheat and still use a tiny bit of butter for toast so he still has minor issues, but they're not overtly bothersome to him.  Anything that calls for more than a couple tablespoons of butter IS an issue though.

So, all I've figured out for this week (which is more than I've figured out since my last posted menu) is:

Lunches or Dinners:
Breakfasts:
  • Breakfast Burrito (without cheese)
  • Barley Mush
  • my usual eggs and bacon with toast
I've picked up some rice milk (*gag*) to see if it is viable in baked goods so maybe I can do biscuits or pancakes...not sure if I can use it with lemon juice to make sour milk for cornbread....  Otherwise I'm existing on crackers, tuna, generic marshmallows, tortilla chips, and Coca-Cola because it's what is easy to grab.  Then there's also sloppy joes and spaghetti.  I'm feeling very sorry for myself and still rather overwhelmed--the CAN'Ts are overshadowing the CANs too greatly so it seems like a greater obstacle than it actually is.  It would be easier if I was back to scratch-made, but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa