Tuesday, October 11, 2011

{Day 11} Tackle It Tuesday--Rain Gauge


Once again I have neglected to take pictures, but I finally took care of the rain gauge.

This is our third rain gauge at this house.  The first one ended up cracking due to freezing conditions--I think it was moisture under the tube because only the very bottom was broken.  The second one also broke due to freezing conditions, but it had more factors involved.  It did not come with screws so I used some multi-purpose screws that we have.  I neglected to check to see if they fit through the removal holes so it could be emptied.  Before I finally got around to dismounting it and finding appropriate screws, my bonfire of a child put a moon sand mold in it.  The combination of moon sand mold, stagnant water, and algae created too much pressure when it all froze.  It's been broken for three years now.  The replacement rain gauge has been sitting on my kitchen counter since sometime during the summer....

The new is up, the old is down.  Now to wait for measurable precipitation!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa