Friday, October 7, 2011

{Day 7} Walk the Talk


This was a rough week for me in some regards.  I hyper-focused on what wasn't getting accomplished, the contentions, and allowing sleep deprivation to rule my attitude.  In reality, the week went pretty good overall.

While I didn't accomplish daily posting for this 31 Day Challenge (and if you caught the originals prior to moving over to this side, and reworking them, you witnessed my mama-tantrums), I did recognize that I was allowing it to interfere with my family.  I was getting too focused on trying to meet up to my expectations for myself for this challenge and it interfered with my ability to focus on my family the way I want to.

This self-observation led to two things--I moved the non-homeschooling, non-micro-farming parts of the blog over here so those not interested in diving into my pensieve were not forced to wade through the mucky waters, and I finally took the opportunity to sketch out how I wanted to approach this.  I've created an anticipated menu of sorts on the original blog (where the linky party badge leads to) and will post and link as I have the opportunity to do so.

I keep telling my kids:  People Before Things, Family Before People.  That means family before blogging--because in reality, this blog isn't going to be rushing home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa