Friday, October 7, 2011

Diet Woes

When I logged onto yahoo to send a couple emails inquiring about astronomy clubs there was a story about the changes that occur to a mother's body with a baby (I closed that window so don't have a link to share for it).  From there I had opened a story about foods to eat post-partum.  Their suggested snacks include:
  • Whole-grain crackers with hummus
  • Nuts (stash some in your purse in case you get a craving on the go)
  • A cup of whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk.
  • A hardboiled egg with some carrots
  • Low-fat cheese with a piece of fruit
  • Peanut butter on an apple
  • Plain Greek yogurt -- add in a cup of berries to avoid added sugar from the flavored kind.
The only things I can eat on this list?  Crackers and hard-boiled eggs.  Everything else either I react to it or the babe reacts to it coming through my milk.  *sigh*  And folks wonder why I joke about subsisting on Coke and chocolate.

Some other suggestions I gleaned from related articles include black bean soup (yum!), egg salad, wild Alaskan salmon (super yum!)...  I need to figure something out, the brownies just aren't cutting it.  And there are some exercise routines that look like they're all able to be done at home--no gym required--that I want to look at more closely when it's not the middle of the night.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/abs/exercises/beat-belly-fat/
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/lose-baby-weight/workouts/post-pregnancy-exercises/
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/lose-baby-weight/workouts/lose-the-baby-weight-fast-toning-circuit-workout/

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa