Wednesday, October 5, 2011

{Day 5} Make Home a Haven--Week 1



Peaceful and productive.
That was today's mantra.  I'm aware that I greatly impact the flow and ambiance of our household--I've been aware of that fact for many years.  Being proactive rather than reactive has been a massive struggle for me lately.

This week's Make Home a Haven Challenge is to light a candle everyday in your home.  Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.

I did not light my candle--these pumpkins are so cute I can't bear to burn them down--but i'm applying the same concept of using them as a visual reminder.  We had the broadband provider's "light classical" music stream on all day, and we had fetched a $5 bouquet of flowers that we divided between two vases.

Overall, our day was peaceful and productive.  It was nice.

http://womenlivingwell.org/category/homemaking/making-your-home-a-haven-challenge/

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa