Sunday, October 2, 2011

{Day 2} Rush Home




I've been thinking about some acquaintances we have--some are living in separate rooms from their significant other, some have taken up different residences, some are no longer a couple.  We don't have both sides of the story to any of them, but it's been sad to observe from the peanut gallery.  Especially when children have been involved.

This half-hatched idea of Being Rushed Home To isn't just the spouse--it's the whole family.  I want the whole family to WANT to rush Home.  Not because they're homebodies, but because they're eager to spend time together.  Because they look forward to returning home from work, activities, outings.  Because they see home as a safe harbor, a valued refuge.  Because they feel comfortable having friends over.  I'm not seeking perfection--the perfect house, perfectly clean, with a perfect husband, with a perfect wife/mother, and perfect children.  (I need to remind myself of that fact as I have a history of hyper-focusing on ONE aspect and forget to step back for the whole picture).  Life is gloriously messy--enjoy it!  Rush home to enjoy it with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa