Monday, October 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday-guidelines
This menu was assembled Friday night, but the weekend changed and is mowing over the beginning of the week.  Alterations are noted.

Monday:
  •  oatmeal
  • hardboiled egg   granola bars and peach dices
  • tortilla pizzas with carrots   beef & barley soup with grilled cheese
  • Ruth's Sweet & Sour with rice and veggie   hamburgers
Tuesday:
  • breakfast burrito   plantain
  • cucumbers
  • soup, grilled cheese, and apples  
  • Rotini (Auntie's recipe from when I was a kid--no clue where she got it from: rotini noodles, ground beef, baked beans, bbq sauce)  Ruth's Sweet & Sour with rice and veggie
Wednesday:
  • pancakes
  • popcorn (fruit?)
  • egg salad sandwich and carrots  
  • chicken pizza
Thursday:
  • bagels and yogurt
  • apples with pb
  • chips&dip
  • toad-in-a-hole with bacon
Friday:
  • cream of wheat
  • smoothies
  • tuna with carrots
  • corn tortilla tacos with beans and rice
Saturday:
  • cereal
  • ants on a log
  • dippy ckn and apples
  • homemade mac-n-chs with salad
Sunday:
  • blueberry muffins
  • chips&salsa
  • cheese sandwich and carrots
  • roast ckn with pouch taters and salad

Typing it out I'm realizing that I don't like the flow of some of the items.  :/

I'm working on streamlining breakfast a bit more now that I've tinkered with my over-the-top menu plan system.  Muffins on Sunday (made the night before), and the rest of the week is random mayhem of breakfast burrito, hot cereal, cold cereal, pancakes, and biscuits/bagels/scones/toast.  This week I didn't designate accompaniments--we'll figure out what strikes us that day regarding eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, etc.

Still working on getting us more balanced and getting  more produce in.  We're usually good on carbs...need more produce and more protein.  I'm stoked about opportunities for cooler weather though!  I love me some soup and I usually can't enjoy them in the warmer months--doesn't hit the spot in the same manner.  I've taken to freezing leftover homemade soup in quart-sized freezer jars (with the reusable plastic lids)--one jar usually covers lunch for the kids and I nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

marshmallows for my cocoa